Seasonal Transitions

The season transition from Summer to Fall is always a bit hard for me. The weather getting colder usually feels very sudden and dark mornings make it harder to get out of bed.

But I’m trying to lean into the cozy season aspect of it all, even if it comes with less daylight and chilly air.


It’s difficult to transition out of the busy long days of summer, life suddenly feels a lot slower and colder. But I know that I’ll enjoy my little at home craft hobbies more once I get into it. The trouble is trying to get into it.


1. I always like to honor the summer season by going through the memories in a seasonal journal spread. I like compiling my pictures and looking back at the insane amount of activities I did and truly feel them one more time. It’s my way of saying goodbye to the season, by honoring it and making a summer collage.


2. Once I’ve paid my homage to the summer, I turn towards making my fall bucket list. The goal is to not only make the most of the season but also get excited about the activities that I can do in the coming months. Going to a pumpkin patch, seeing the fall leaves, and making smores at a bonfire are all fun seasonal things to look forward to.


3. And then I turn towards my physical space. Colder months usually means being at home more, so ensuring my home is ready. Which for me means clean and decluttered. Much like spring cleaning, I think fall cleaning is also a great way to transition. Bringing out warmer clothes and lighting candles to set the mood.


The last thing, and ultimately what ends up helping the most, is simply time. A couple weeks in, my body has adjusted to the weather and my focus and energies start naturally shifting as well. Having done the prep steps I mentioned above sets up a good foundation for me too. 


How do you transition seasons? Please share your thoughts in the comments and I’ll see you next month!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2025 Journal Setup Guide Pt.1

How to Make a K-Pop Concert Freebie

2025 Journal Setup Guide Pt.2